FORBES MAGAZINE Jersey City, New Jersey
- Researched and analyzed touring, music, sponsorship and business data for 100 + musicians to compile yearly pre-tax estimates for the Forbes Celebrity 100, Highest-Paid DJs, Highest-Paid Country Acts and Highest-Paid Hip-Hop Acts lists, while also consulting publicists, agents, managers, analysts and entertainment lawyers.
- Adapted research (above) into meaningful articles diving into various individuals featured on the Forbes lists, such as Taylor Swift and BTS, and explained how they accumulated their wealth, while effectively using attribution and sourcing.
- Collaborated with Forbes senior editors and staff writers to factcheck Forbes Magazine features, online daily covers and investigative stories, using a variety of journalistic verification techniques such as Lexis Nexis.
Music & Entertainment Contributor Jan. 2019–May 2019, Aug. 2019–Current
- Pitched, researched and wrote 50+ music industry stories for the Hollywood and Entertainment section of Forbes.com, ranging from news stories, in-depth pieces and long-form interviews.
- Communicated and fostered relationships with managers, agencies and PR representatives to arrange and conduct interviews with high profile artists, actors and personalities for Forbes.com.
- Scanned social media, press releases, streaming services (Spotify, Apple Music) and websites daily to stay up-to-date on coverage for the platform.
BILLBOARD MAGAZINE New York City, NY
Editorial Intern May 2018–Aug. 2018
- Discovered upcoming talent via Spotify and social media platforms and conducted interviews that turned into online feature stories for Billboard.com.
- Reported to Billboard’s assistant and senior editors and wrote 150+ articles on Billboard.com covering music news, premieres, entertainment and live concert events.
- Engaged in editorial tasks that included transcribing interviews, fact-checking magazine projects, maintaining Billboard’s magazine archives, composing weekly pitches to editors and transitioning Billboard print magazine articles to online using InCopy and Drupal.
STYLECASTER.COM New York City, NY
Editorial Intern May 2017–Aug. 2017
- Brainstormed and pitched new ideas for content relating to pop culture, beauty, fashion and entertainment news.
- Completed editorial duties including fact checking, interviewing (influencers and celebrities), transcribing and copy editing, while reporting to the senior beauty, fashion and entertainment editors.
- Built and cultivated relationships with PR representatives across the entertainment industry and attended beauty/fashion events to try out new products, which turned into reviews and roundups.